Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Four wheels for me

I need a new car but I can't find one. I mean i can find a car, any car that is practical for what i need. But i can't find a car brand that i am.

Despite all the of car brands, from alfa romeo to volkswagon, from bmw to yamaha, none of them reflect me and my aspirations. I can find clothes (Paul Smith), food supermarket (Sainsburys) or even department store (John Lewis) but a car? I am floundering. I think I might like a Ferrari, but even in that hypothetical situation (i assure you), i'm not sure, it's just a bit crass. I prefer something a bit more understated and dare i say 'cool'. But what car is cool below fifteen grand? Mazda MX4? Poor man's Porsche. A mate who's opinion on these things i value for more than any other says Renault Scenic. Really Jo? I'm not 40 quite yet, though i do have two kids.

Austin Healy or a Triumph, now you're talking. But i don't think you can get two car seats in those let alone a wife. I am going to have to grit my teeth and buy something with more plastic than my local recycling centre. That's why i am being led down a 4x4 track by my wife, and i have no resistence...

No comments: