Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bloggin hell...

Ok, after quite a few days of hell in trying to set this thing up, I can at last post my first blog. I tried to point it at some free web space I have, but it kept giving me error messages and not letting me ftp changes, so I have given up and am using Blogger's free space.

I (eventually) intend to put it all on a new domain name, hosted elsewhere, but one baby step at a time. After all, this is all new to me.

My name is Ryan Sales. I am a Creative Director of a graphic design agency in London, and hope to use this Blog as a vehicle to talk about various design, advertising, branding, but at the very least cultural topics that catch my eye. And from this I hope to get comments and reactions to what I say, and equally hope to improve my own understanding of the visual environment I live within.

I must admit, its going to be strange, as I am not used to writing about myself, in this form - the most I ever write nowadays is when writing a rationale on my work, or trying to defend, in an email, why I have changed the colour of their logo. Just joshing.

It's now late on Tuesday night after watching Chelsea wimper out of the Champions League, and so I am going to cut this, my first post, a bit short. I intend to post at least once a week, but I will see how it goes.

Hope to read some interesting posts from the rest of the world, and relay anything relevant to me to a load of different people. Should be fun.

No comments: